Saturday, November 28, 2009

Stuffed!

Yes. I am officially an oinker.

Today is supposed to be a shop, shop till you drop kind of day, but this homie don't play that. I'm missing some sort of shopping gene in my womanhood. But YESTERDAY. Yesterday was a different kind of day. It was an eat till you drop kind of day and I was all or nothing when it came to this.

We spent time with my family because we did Thanksgiving dinner with hubby's familia the night before, Colombian/Ecuadorian style. Yesterday however, was the traditional Thanksgiving feast. Turkey, stuffing, cranberry sauce, mashed potatos, sweet yam, gravy, corn bread... ah... the whole 9 and I was on cloud 9!

Here's the bird from my parents' place:



Then, we were off to Newport Beach for our annual tradition (this being the first year after many missed ones) of taking our Christmas photos at Fashion Island by the ornately decorated and brightly lit Christmas tree. This year, however, the tree was a bit slimmer and a wee-bit shorter than trees from previous years. Sign of the times, eh? Still magnificent never the less.

Soon after, we headed off to Irvine to celebrate more food, er, the holiday, with one of my parents' closest friends and my godparents from our wedding, Tito Rey and Tita Connie. Such a beautiful and heart-warming family. They welcomed us into their home and immediately introduced us as their extended family to family who was already there. More generously, as Filipinos know, we were led straight to the scrumptous spread in the kitchen and we gladly obliged their request. To say the food was amazing was understatement. Superb? Mouth-watering? Finger-licking good? ALL OF THE ABOVE!!!








I am officially an oinker, like I said. Ashamed? Not the least bit. Too bad eating isn't a sport. Gold metal in the Olympics, here I come!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments & the love and fuzzy warmness it brings!! Thanks for stopping by. You are always welcome!