Monday, February 8, 2010

Same Difference

As I made the bed this morning, I couldn't help but notice the differences between hubby's bedside table and my own. His is simple & sparse. A lamp, alarm clock, a decorative faux-orchid, and the remote control. The lamp is really only there to help him see in the early mornings when he wakes up to go to work. To make sure he doesn't step on one of the dogs and to ensure he's grabbing the right pair of socks. The 20 year old alarm clock (no joke... it's the same one I've had since 6th grade) is so misplaced from the rest of our decor. It's off-white and boxy and should be laid to rest. But nevertheless, it still works and is the only alarm clock he can wake up to. There's a certain sound it makes right before it turns the radio on and plays smooth jazz on 94.7, The Wave. The faux-orchid? Well, this was placed there by me because it's pretty and fits perfectly in his space. And then there's the remote control. For obvious reasons, it's on his side of the bed because he's the TV watcher in the family. It helps him to relax before shutting his eyes. I, on the other hand, can live without TV. Probably indefinitely. Which leads me to my side of the bed.

Mine consists of a lamp, a candle, the One Year Bible, a novel, a pen, my laptop, and a House Beautiful and Marie Claire magazine. The lamp is my reading and typing tool. I love light. Jorge tried to get me to use this little clip-on lamp that attaches to the book I'm reading and that didn't work out well for me at all. The candle hasn't been lit yet, but maybe one night we'll order some Posh Berries and eat it in candle light while watching a romantic comedy. We're trying to get into the Word as a couple now and we're reading a devotion before bed where we can have a discussion before prayer time. It's been going great so far and sure beats having something on TV be the last thing on our mind before going night night. A novel to help me sleep. A pen to underline a verse that pops out at me. My laptop to surf the net while Jorge watches TV (sometimes). And the magazines are temporary. House Beatiful cause the homes they choose to feature are so elegant and classy with simplistic values, with the use of non-offensive colors. Marie Claire because of the model's poses and an article they feature once a month about women and the strife, sadness, or tragedies they've experienced and overcame in life. Other than that, the rest of the magazine gets tossed into the gar-ba-sh!

Regardless of our differnces, whether it be the items we keep beside our bed or the differences in our likes and dislikes and personality, we're still the same. We're still one. Our bond in marriage cannot be separated and this is how we like it. This is how we prefer it to be. We may poke fun and at times, yes, we may annoy one another, but we're one and the same. Two pieces of wood glued together cannot be torn apart neatly. They are bonded together. If they are separated, it's a "hot mess"! Yes, I did just quote Neicy Nash from Clean House. Moving on... let's celebrate the differences we have and thank God for the hunky or beautiful piece of wood He's stuck us to!

Genesis 2:24 (NIV)
For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and they will become one flesh.



And because I am not easily embarrassed...
Here's a quick blast from the past... Jorge & Paola ~ Circa 2004
What's up with my eyebrows??



 
~ Circa 2005
Jorge doing "sexy eyes"!
 





















Cheers!
 
Loving Hearts Captured Photography

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments & the love and fuzzy warmness it brings!! Thanks for stopping by. You are always welcome!