Thursday, January 7, 2010

The Big Things

I'm not talking about the cars, houses, or big fancy $$$ purses, or the latest and greatest Hi-Def LCD TV; or in my case, the lens or camera body that's a must-have. These things are just that... things.

I've been looking up a lot lately, as can be seen in my previous post. But have you noticed just how BIG the sky really is? How ginormous are those carefully laid out clouds? If one cloud were to descent from its heavenly position, exactly how much larger would it be in comparison to me? Just one of my wandering thoughts. Another is more of a reminder to take it all in. Especially before the completion of the construction of the newer homes just outside our office window.

These winter skies have been a-maze-ing! Almost everyday, my hubby will hear me shout out from our office or playroom window, "Babe! Check out the horizon outside!!! It's so awwwwwwwesome!!!" He happily agrees with me, if nothing more but to appease my question and quiet me down. Usually if I'm excited, our entire household is in an uproar; dogs scampering around, looking for their toys to thrash around, and aly squeeling after them to come play with her with their doggy toys.

Look up, whether rain or shine, figuratively and literally. No matter the situation, big or small, looking upward will always remind you of something bigger, more in control than we'll ever be. I'm looking forward to the day, Jorge and I, reach a ripe old age and spend the majority of our day outdoors, sitting on the porch, holding hands, and admiring the beauty set before us. All while looking upward.






Check out the little things we love here.


No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments & the love and fuzzy warmness it brings!! Thanks for stopping by. You are always welcome!