Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Orange vs. Atomic Tangerine

I must have aged 10 more years to my actual age by peering into Aly's 96 count box of Crayola Crayons. However, it also took me back more than twenty years as the sweet smell of waxy, colorful tools of art waifed my way. I took out the box and handed her 3 crayons, pink, purple, and orange. As she quietly sat on top of her oversized craft paper, those three crayons were no longer useful for her. She wanted more. More colors. More crayons! Good thing we had 93 more to go!

As Aly explored with the array of vibrant crayons, spread out around her, I couldn't help but to join in on her coloring party. There we sat, experimenting with each crayon to see if in fact, this tangerine color is indeed "atomic".







Our coloring party was abruptly interupted as our 90 pound, beast came trotting in. Aly's buddy and guardian, wanted in on the fun. With a plop of a tennis ball unto her lap, the crayons were quickly abandoned, only to be visited once every 15 to 20 minutes until dinner was ready. I'm glad no crayons were harmed, well, I take that back. There was one casualty. The beheading of burnt orange took place when it was haphazardly placed in the path of destruction - between toddler and her best friend.



Cheers!


Loving Hearts Captured Photography

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments & the love and fuzzy warmness it brings!! Thanks for stopping by. You are always welcome!