Tuesday, January 5, 2010

{Vintage Tuesday} ~ Look Up @ the Sky

I've decided to dedicate a particular day to anything and all things vintage-y for my blog post on Tuesdays. Why Tuesdays? No reason in particular really. Why vintage? Why not? I haven't always favored vintage-y items, but I must admit, there's something real nostalgic about certain vintage pieces. A great couch, purse, pair of shoes, or a veil. Certain things cry out to be vintage. Especially photos and the images they embark and engrave into the mind and etched with care unto one's heart.

The sky, on the other hand, doesn't necessarily do so, but for some reason, while I was driving home from work yesterday, I let my attention wander towards the horizon surrounding me and it hit me. Softly and delicately like a goose down feather. The sky and the horizon it enveloped, had a vintage look to it and I felt, if I was able to touch it, it would somehow feel vintage as well. Needless to say, I rushed home, asked my wonderful hubby to bring my camera outside as I pulled into our garage, and out I went, down our street and snapped a few photos of my newly tagged, "vintage sky."

The drive home on the 60 freeway, heading eastbound, at about 3:45p.m., was made bearable (a concept some may believe to be impossible) and somewhat pleasant. The sky, was yes, vintage-y, but also had such a simplistic and calming effect to it. Plus the snow-capped mountains to the north and east was so incredibly visible. It was altogether gorgeous. Was I really in Southern Cali? Yes. And it was then that I was reminded that there's no other place I'd rather live than here.... for now.
I hear New Zealand is beautiful and vintage is a way of life there.
Perhaps like living out an Anthropologie catalog. Oooh....

(To other photographers... doesn't it look like a TRA action was applied to the above image?)


And, as a salute to an era where only my dearest ladies can consider it to be "vintage", here's a photo of my besties and I... each at a very different point in our lives.


And my other "bestie" and I. Ah... so young and so in love. Although age changes annually, I'm glad some things don't change. And if they do, I'm even happier that they change for the better.


Don't you just love scanned photos? I prefer to leave them un-post-processed. I love the grain it produces.


No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments & the love and fuzzy warmness it brings!! Thanks for stopping by. You are always welcome!